Within the events for the 90th Anniversary of Rosstandart’s formation, the Second International Scientific Conference "Reference Materials in Measurement and Technology" was held 14-18 September 2015 in Ekaterinburg (Russian Federation). The organizers was Rosstandart and the Scientific Methodical Centre of State Service of Reference Materials for Composition and Properties of Substances and Materials – UNIIM.
The conference discussed the issues of the international cooperation in the reference materials (RM) field, academic and practice-based issues of the development, distribution and availability of RMs, scientific aspects of materials and substances research, the situation in statutory regulation in RM field, issues of the metrological assurance in health, pharmaceuticals, metallurgy, environment.
The following persons addressed some kind words to the Conference:
- Sergey S. Golubev, Deputy Head of Federal agency on technical regulating and metrology (Russian Federation);
- Yuri A. Zolotov, Head of the analytical chemistry research council of the Russian Academy of Sciences, member of the Academy of Sciences (Russian Federation);
- Nikolay V. Sonets, Chief of the Standards Bureau of EASC, the Executive Secretary of EASC (Republic of Belarus);
- Vagan A. Saakyan, Director of National Institute for Metrology of the Republic of Armenia, D.Sc. in engineering (Republic of Armenia);
- Alexander N. Atanov, General Director of LLC “Center of Reference Materials and High-Purity Substances”, honoured chemist of the Russian Federation, Cand. Sc. (Russian Federation).
176 researchers, specialists of RM producers and consumers from 15 countries (Algeria, Belarus, Germany, Israel, Iran, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Poland, Russia, Taiwan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, France, Czech Republic, Republic of South Africa) including 13 NMI, 14 research institutes, 8 higher educational establishments and more than 40 companies related with the RM development, creation, distribution and use took part in the Conference. There were two working languages: Russian and English. Within the Conference there were 9 special scientific and 2 topical round tables addressed to the development of the organizing structure of the State Service of Reference Materials as well as the issues of the development of RM for toxic substances. There were 90 scientific reports: 82 (oral reports and poster presentations) were presented during plenary, special, poster and round tables workshops.
Organizers thank all attendees who found the possibility to arrive, give interesting presentations, and take part in works and organizations of the Conference.
Our kind friends and colleagues are welcome to the next Conference!